Friday 24 August 2012

A week is a long time in gardening...

We've just got back from a wonderful week in Cornwall.
We left the cat and the garden in someone's care and things just didn't work out as I'd hoped.
Things aren't great in the garden, but I'm sure they could be worse.
I'm not going to go over my losses now, I'm going to sleep on it and give it a day or two. You never know, a few days of TLC, plenty of rain and things may not be as bad as they seem at the moment (fingers and toes crossed!).
I'll let you know in a day or two.

I do feel very lucky to have spent the past week in a lovely place, with my lovely family.
We stayed in the most stunning cottage near Liskeard, in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by farmland.
A little house with a stable door!
 I could barely contain myself when I saw this and this was the view from our back door.
Lavender Cottage was the name of ours.




I really do feel blessed to have spent time pretending to own this amazing garden. To me, it was the stuff of dreams.

I also managed to persuade everyone we should go to the Eden Project.
Their veg is an inspiration.



And what I loved the most was just before we sat down to have our picnic, I was admiring some veg and herbs and one of the staff said "please, help yourself. Have anything you like to go with your lunch"


Even Dave was bowled over by the idea of being free to just help yourself.
Such an amazing place.


This was something that struck me.

A wonderful week but great to be back to my garden, just hoping it is forgiving.

x

7 comments:

  1. Oh dear what happened to your garden (intriguing). Glad you had a good holiday it looks a lovely place. I haven't been to the Eden project yet, sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fantastic, I have always wanted to visit Cornwall & go to the Eden Project & Lost Gardens. It sounds like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of help yourself to veg and herb, what happened to your garden nothing serious I hope, kind regards, David
    PS hope the break away was worth it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to have family in Cornwall so visited there often. It certainly looks like you had a lovely time.
    Sadly I've been to the Eden Project as the last time I was there it was still being built!
    I hope that your garden, and indeed the cat, is okay.
    Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that feeling... Nowadays I spend the weeks in Helsinki and my old mother takes care of our garden during the weeks. When I come to our garden for weekends, there's a lot to do. My husband cuts the lawn and I trim and so on...The same thing again the next weekend...It happens surprisingly lot during a week in the garden!

    ReplyDelete